Orthopaedic Specialties Physical Therapy for your rehabilitation needs. In our efforts to provide you with the best possible service, the following guidelines are given:
1. At the initial appointment, arrive 15 minuets ahead of your scheduled appointment time in order to complete necessary forms and other paperwork.
2. We book patients every 45 minutes, although you may be here approx. 1 hour, therefore, we ask that you be on time for your appointment. If you are 10 minuets late or more, we will reschedule your appointment for another time. We do our best to maintain an exact schedule, if you are late, it puts us late taking the next patient.
3. If you are unable to keep a scheduled appointment, we must be notified at least 3 hours prior to the scheduled time. Please be advised that a combination of 3 consecutive cancellations and/or “no shows” may cause suspension of therapy, pending reexamination by your physician.
4. Please wear or bring appropriate clothing: KNEE-shorts and sneakers; ANKLE-sneakers (no hose or stockings); LOWBACK-shorts/slacks with elastic in waist, casual shirt; ELBOW-no long sleeves.
5. With the exception of the initial visit, we request that only patients be in the treatment areas.
6. Due to restrictions by most insurance companies, you can not have physical therapy on the same day as you see our physicians. There are certain exceptions to this rule, so check with the receptionist for those exceptions.
7. Please be aware that your physical therapy order does have an expiration date and you cannot be seen after that date. Please ask the receptionist what your expiration date is so that you do not schedule any appointments after that date. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SCHEDULING YOUR OWN APPOINTMENTS EACH WEEK, THE RECEPTIONIST WILL NOT AUTOMATICALLY SCHEDULE THEM.
8. With the exception of the evaluation, therapy is conducted in common areas. It is our goal to protect each individual’s privacy. If you have any concerns that you do not wish to discuss in the common area, notify the therapist and he/she will provide a private area either before or after treatment, to answer your questions and /or discuss your treatment.
Therapy is a process that requires time to accomplish improvement. Progress is usually gradual, and dramatic improvements day to day are infrequent.